Friday, May 9, 2008

Fingernails

Fingernails...are pretty. They prohibit speed and accuracy when typing. Fingernails make it difficult to pick up small pieces of paper when you are crafting. Threading a needle...forget it!

The Pea is asleep so I didn't trim my nails, I went straight to my craft room. No guilt as the hubby is out on the property with two buddies, tasty adult beverages and a bonfire. I was ready to try my first Limited Supplies Challenge and here it is:
I think it was just a long week at school because I couldn't decide what to use. I looked at buttons, stickers, packaged embellishments, designer paper and punches. Finally I settled in on starting with some scrap paper I had laying on my desk. The card base was a reject from Kristina's Color Inspiration #8. I found some other colors that I liked with it and away I went.

I used Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue card stock for my card base. I layered Whisper White card stock on top of it. Then I punched the vase out of Going Gray card stock with a Marvy vase punch. Then I punch out the flowers in Barely Banana, Pixie Pink and Lovely Lilac with a McGill flower punch (this is a poor quality punch from my early days). I colored the center of each flower with a silver gel pen. I positioned my vase and then lifted it back up to punch holes for the stems. I threaded Making Memories Willow Scrapbook Stitches through the holes. Then I tied the Stampin' Up! silver cord around the neck of the vase. I attached my vase and then placed my flowers "in the vase". I used Making Memories Simply Stated Spring rub ons for the "bloom where you are planted" sentiment that I applied to my Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon. I secured the ribbon at the bottom of the layer over the top of the vase. Next, I placed the punched flowers at the end of the sentiment and at the side of the vase. I originally thought I might be done, but then I determined that it still needed something. I whipped out my Stampin' Up! mat pack and my paper piercing tool and paper pierced around the sides and top of the Whisper White card stock. Finally, I was satisfied.

Hope you like!

No comments: