Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Frangipani Wishes


Have you ever smelled a frangipani? They smell so sweet. I think that there is a different name that is used for the same flower in the West. I was first introduced to Frangipani in Fiji, on my honeymoon. They are a beautiful flower that I have seen in about three different color combinations. When my husband and I were in Thailand, we saw (and smelled) them again. He would carry one around all day just to sniff it periodically.

Frangipani are delicate flowers so I went with delicate colors for the card. First, I stamped the image (from Toybox) in Versamark on Watercolor Paper (oh yeah, I did this for the SCS TLC168!). Then I heated up Silver Tinsel EP with my heat tool. Next, I used my Aquapainter to watercolor with my Yoyo Yellow and Pixie Pink watercolor crayons. I dressed up the flowers just a little more with Icons Rhinestones and then mounted the whole thing on a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock. Then I tied two ribbons (7'8" Ivory Organdy and 3/8" Light Pink Organdy around the left end of the image. I mounted that piece on the Very Vanilla card base. Then I stamped "Warm Wishes" from Hugs and Wishes with Pretty in Pink ink. Finally, I used my corner rounder to round out corners and soften the look a bit more.

No comments: