Saturday, May 31, 2008

Packin' Up!

Just kidding! This card is for the Ways to Use it Challenge from Thursday on Splitcoast. With a focus on summer and vacation, the challenge was to use packing products or to use a vacation theme on a card. I used packing tape and tried a new-to-me technique called tape transfer. I recently saw a video tutorial by Shari Carroll of Hero Arts fame!

To begin, I layered my packing tape on my DP (Provo Craft, rob and bob studio) and smoothed it out with my bone folder. Then I stamped my flower image (Daisy style) from Hero Arts Flower Fusion in Black StazOn ink. I had to be careful because of the slippery surface of the tape. After the ink was dry, I cut out my flower images and placed them in a bowl of water. The paper gets wet and fairly easily rolls off with some thumb pressure. Then I dried off the flowers. You can see that I am left with a mostly clear sticker with subtle shading from the dp.

My card base is Kraft card stock. I stamped three stems from Both Ways Blossoms in Old Olive ink. I placed my flower images atop each stem. I stamped the sentiment from Short and Sweet on Whisper White card stock in Chocolate Chip ink. I rounded one end of the card stock with my corner rounder. I cut slightly larger strips of Chocolate Chip, Pixie Pink and Pumpkin Pie card stock and rounded those corners, too. I taped them all down and mounted it on my Kraft card base. Finally, I measured a length of Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, cut a notch in the spine of the card, threaded it through and tied it in a knot. I trimmed the tails of my ribbon and called it good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card, i tried this technique, but my paper didn't come off real easy, it looked like a residue left on the flowers. I tried re-wetting and rubbing some more, but the flowers tore up.
Yours looks great.
smallcity

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card and this fabulous technique.