Sunday, June 15, 2008

Designer Tulips

My DH described this card as "nice, it's colorful". I love him. He tried so hard to be interested. I do have to agree that it is colorful. I used the colors from CC170 on SCS. They are Real Red, Regal Rose and So Saffron. When I read the color names on Tuesday, I just knew that flowers were going to be the main focal image. Time just got away from me with the last week of school and here I am on Saturday (now Sunday, by the time I finish my post) trying to fit in all the stamping I want to do. So I combined the color challenge with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #52. You can see the unadulterated sketch just below my card.


I used Whisper White card stock for the base of my card. (Of course, using a lot of white was a focus of Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #11 this week. I didn't get there due to my DH's rock show! All ages shows only happen once in a blue moon, so I had to take the Pea to see her Daddy rock out!) Back to the details, the next layer is Real Red dsp from the Print Packs hostess gift. On top of that I layered a piece of Regal Rose card stock that I paper pierced and faux stitched with my Real Red Marker. I worked on my focal image next. I used my markers (Mellow Moss, Real Red, Regal Rose & So Saffron) to color an image called Designer Tulips by Hero Arts. After I got it stamps, I cut it down to the square, distressed the edges with my scissors and inked them up with my Regal Rose marker. I mounted the Whisper White square on So Saffron and that popped up the image with Stampin' Dimensionals. I finished my card by stamping the "thank you" sentiment from Holiday Blitz with Real Red ink.

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Bev said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love it!!