Friday, July 4, 2008

Basic Grey by the Inch

Sweet Pea went night-night and Mommy went to her craft room! I got this Basic Grey Sugared paper today and wanted to play with it immediately! I started working up a card earlier today when Sweet Pea was playing in her room and she just wanted to join me in my room. She's still to little and busy for me to craft and supervise (adequately for either).

A group of women who love to craft and create started a blog called Our Creative Corner and issued a challenge to use Basic Grey paper on your card. They have a nice give-away for the randomly drawn winner, too. The challenge spurred me on as well!

I wanted to try the design concept of inchies. So I cut my own 1" squares (thus "DIY inchies"), taped them down with removable adhesive and had a go! What I found more difficult was putting them back together on the Old Olive background. I could have fidgeted for another hour trying to get them all equi-distant from each other and the sides.

I stamped the flower image in Basic Brown and then used my blender pen to pick up color from the lids of my Stamping Pads. I used two-way glue on the center of the Burgundy flower and sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds for fun. I took the image panel and popped it up.

Here are the specifics of the card.
Paper: Pale pink ?, Basic Grey Sugared, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy
Stamps: Tag Time
Accessories: Sheer Pink ribbon, two way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: