Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting caught up!

I uploaded these to SCS yesterday and then didn't get back here to give the details as soon as I wanted too! Oh, the shame of it! So I will have to do it now! All of these cards turned out pretty simple. Nothing really spectacular or with 7 layers! Ha, ha, ha!
The first is the card I made for the Limited Supply Challenge 174 from last Friday. I got out all my brads and all the images that I thought that I could incorporate them into and landed on a Christmas theme. It was really hard not to dress it up with ribbon or glitter or embossing. I still like it! Hopefully, it wasn't really cheating when I used my SAMJ to change the placement of the sentiment. I really could have eyeballed it!
Here are the details:
Paper - Real Red, Brushed Silver, Whisper White
Ink - Real Red, Rubber Stampede Silver
Stamps - Solemn Stillness, All Year Cheer III
Accessories - MM silver star brad
That's it, pretty simple!
This one was created for the Try a New Technique, TLC175. The technique here was chalk pouncing. It is differentiated from Poppin' Pastels as the background for the image is chalked as well. I like the idea of this and I like the technique. When I do it again, I will choose my colors more carefully. This just wasn't my favorite color combination. I built this color combination around a ribbon that I ended up not using. I used So Saffron, Rose Red and Pumpkin Pie chalks on the background and then Lovely Lilac, So Saffron and Garden Green on the flower. Oh yeah, I borrowed the glow/erase technique from Markie's Mom. She is a wonderful artist and you can see the card she did and where I got the idea. (BTW - she has an amazing muse and very funny stories).
Here are the details:
Paper - Apricot Appeal, Pale Plum, Whisper White
Ink - StazOn Jet Black, Versamark
Stamps - Live Your Dream
Accessories - Stampin' Pastels, MM mini ribbon charm, Light Orchid Grosgrain ribbon, eraser, tissue
This card was inspired by Kristina Werner's MACM. I really liked how elegant her card looked and my DH is in a wedding in two weeks. I need a card for this wedding. When I got started, I found that my rub-ons were not as elegant as I wanted. I still liked the card so I continued on. Just when I was really getting into it, it dawned on me that this card would be really easy to replicate. A light bulb went on and I remembered the No Time To Stamp? challenge. This card is perfect for it as it could be easily whipped out in 10 minutes! So that is the story behind this card.
Here are the details on this one:
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink - none
Stamps - none
Accessories - Love and Happiness rub-ons, Very Vanilla taffeta, mini glue dots

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: