Sunday, August 17, 2008

Natural Sympathy

This card turned out better than I had hoped! I made this card for my husband's aunt whose husband just passed. He had been ill and she didn't tell the family just how ill he was. I'm not sure if she didn't want to face it herself or if she was just trying to spare others the grief. It's hard to know.

Anyway, if I owned any Copics, this would be a great set to work on! Alas, I do not and so I used my AquaPainter to pick up color out of the lids of the ink pads and colored in my image! This is the #4 Anni-Verve-Sary sketch, see here. The card is pretty straight forward. The only thing that might be questionable from the photo is that I sponged blush blossom ink around the outside edge of the Confetti White circle and then stamped the sentiment in Groovy Guava.

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Natural Beauty, So Very
Paper: Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss, Confetti White, Blush Blossom
Ink: Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss, Blush Blossom, Basic Brown
Accessories: Aquapainter, Sheer white ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: watercoloring


All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: