Thursday, October 9, 2008

As Spooky As I Get

It feels like cheating when you use such a nice dp! I probably could have done more to this, but I didn't want it to feel too busy! I made this card for the Unity Wednesday Challenge to make a card other than your standard A2 size.

I wasn't sure what stamps that I wanted to use or even what colors I wanted. I just started thumbing through my dp and this sheet popped up! Instantly, I had the idea for the Growing in Unity tree and the color combo. I'm limited in my Unity verbiage/sentiments, but I will remedy that soon enough! In many places, I had seen how the sentiment has been framed with mismatched punches. However, today I was browsing Dawn Easton's blog and was reminded about this type of frame for the sentiment. So I went ahead with the look!

Here are the specifics for the card:

Stamps: Growing In Unity Tree by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey Scarlet's Letter
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: Sheer Black Ribbon, 1" circle punch, small oval punch, large oval punch, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: Distressing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: