Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Basic Pirouettes

If you know me well, then you know that I love a good game! The SCS challenges are that for me. It isn't that you win or lose anything, but it is just fun to play! The challenges also get me in my craft room and that is a good thing!

This card is based on the colors from CC188 which included Basic Black, Whisper White and Pink Pirouette. I wanted to use some of my cool new Bella Rose DP, but I just couldn't make it work. So instead, I embossed the flower image on vellum and adhered it to the black card stock. When I finished the card, it reminded me of chalk boards (Does anyone still know what those are?) I repeated the colors and layer in the tag sans the vellum. My sentiment was an old Making Memories rub-on that I had hacking around my craft room!

I felt kind of tricky about how I hid my glue dots on the vellum. I put two behind the embossed white image on the bottom and covered up the two on the top with the ribbon!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Humble Bloom by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Pirouette Pink, Basic Black, Vellum
Ink: Craft White
Accessories: Clear ep, heat tool, White Offray ribbon, 1/8" circle punch, large oval punch, small oval punch, MM spring rub-ons, mini glue dots
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: