Thursday, October 16, 2008

For my man!!!

I made this card for Unity Challenge Wednesday. Wednesday night at my house is band practice. So after I put the Pea to bed, I work on cards. I was out of coffee (gasp!!!) and so I made some tea, but didn't have enough milk. I threw my coat on over my jammies and went out to face the band! As I pull open the refrigerator in the shop and reach for a gallon of milk, one of DH's band members said, "Sorry Toni, we drank all of your beer!". The light bulb went on, I graciously accepted his apology (as he knows full well that I am not a beer drinker), I went into the house, made my tea and shot up to my craft room to start the card.

The task was to create a masculine card and I think I did it! At least, my dh liked it and he picked out the background colors and approved the brads. We agreed that it shouldn't have ribbon on it, but I went ahead with the linen thread because I felt like it needed something to balance it out!

I embossed the (wine) bottle with Versamark, Classic Chocolate Chip ink, and clear ep. I sponged a lot of Creamy Caramel on the edges of the bar tab panel, the image panel and the edges of the dp on the base! Mostly, I did it for interest! You can't really get all kinds of foofy on a man's card!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Rough Edges Alphabet, Good Times by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, PC Rob and Bob Studio
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Linen Thread, brads, clear ep, heat tool, stampin' dimensionals, stampin' sponges
Techniques: embossing, sponging, distressing

No comments: