Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hip Hop Came Early This Week!

Unity Stamp Company runs a day long fest each week called Hip Hop Thursday! As last Thursday was Thanksgiving, Hip Hop was held on Wednesday. Need more information on Hip Hop Thursday, check here. They give out all kinds of prizes for all kinds of things. If you use Unity stamps to do any of the weekly challenges and then upload it to that week's thread, then you are eligible for additional prizes.
Well, I like prizes. So I used Unity on three weekly challenges and two of them are on this post. (See post titled Sweet Pea's book for the third weekly challenge). The first photo is from this week's Unity Addict Challenge and the meat of the challenge was to use red and white on a thank you card. These challenge cards are counted in with the other challenge cards eligible for additional prizes.

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Dream Tree (Unity) & Sentiments o' Simple (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Encore Silver, Real Red
Accessories: lavender glitter (JoAnn's), silver rhinestones (Michael's), stampin' dimensionals, sticky strip, Birds 'n Blooms dies, big shot

This card is from Saturday's Inspiration Challenge (155)on SCS. Stampers were to be inspired by the women's fashion from the AMC original show, "Mad Men". My DH watches this show religiously! I also used Beate's Weekend Sketch to flesh out my card. I used this dress as inspiration for the challenge. When I showed my dh, he said it looked sensual. That's more of a response than I usually get.

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Sentiments o'Simple (Unity) & Distressed Dot Background (Unity)
Paper: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, DCWV the stack III
Ink: Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red, Versamark
Accessories: Sheer Black ribbon (JoAnn's), clear ep, heat tool, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: direct to paper

This card met the criteria for a couple of other challenges this week. Have I mentioned that I really like challenges? They keep me going! This one uses the sketch from Our Creative Corner and uses a pearl, as challenged in Ways To Use It 193. I flipped the sketch on its side to fit the images I wanted to use! I finally tried an embossing folder in my Big Shot! It was so simple to do for all the depth and dimension it provides on the card.

Here are the details on this card:
Stamps: Joyous Snowfall by Unity Stamp Company
Paper: Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark, Encore gold
Accessories: gold ep, pretties kit pearl, glue dot, D'Vine CB folder, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, heat tool
Techniques: direct to paper

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: