Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hip Hop Once More!

Since Hip Hop was on Wednesday this week, I was able to participate in the challenges that are issued that day. Wednesday was a half day at work for me and Sweet Pea went down for a nap after we got home. When my dh got home, he was supportive in allowing me time to finish up the second challenge. This first card was my response to challenge called "Get Stuffed with Unity", a food related challenge. I picked these wine glass and a bottle of wine because my family always has wine with Thanksgiving dinner. I also used last week's Sketch for You to Try. I didn't realize that the stand blocked the embellishments in the photo. What a goober I am!

Here are the details:
Stamps: Sentiments O' Simple (Unity), Good Times (Unity)
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black, Whisper White, BG Eva
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Pale Plum
Accessories: Stampin' sponges, Black brads, Large oval punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: sponging, direct to paper

This card is my response to the second challenge during Hip Hop called the "Turkey Dinner Color Challenge" in honor of turkey, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes. For the design of this card I thought of Kristina Werner and imitated her clean and simple style. As far as I know, I did not copy any of her projects. If someone finds something substantially similar, do let me know and I will credit her properly. Of course, when I finished, I realized it qualified for the Limited Supply Challenge to use the chocolate as a color!

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Almighty God (Unity)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Ski Slope dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Buttons, Linen thread, corner rounder, scallop edge punch

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: