Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sweet Pea's book ;)

I made the mistake of telling her that this was her book and then she didn't want to give it back or let me put it in her daycare bag! I altered a composition book to use for communication about Sweet Pea's day between her daycare provider and I. .

I knew that I was running out of room in her old one, but just couldn't get my act together to alter a new one. So.....she had a Power Ranger on the front of her journal for a few days! I just couldn't stand that, so I busted out my Basic Grey patterned paper that came with adhesive letters and decorative stickers and went to work. Sweet Pea likes sparkles, so I added some with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen. Here journal goes in and out of her bag a couple times a day, so I didn't want anything to stick up or it would like get worn or torn.

I met the parameters for two challenges on this piece. The Limited Supply Challenge 195 (which wasn't so limited) was to use chocolate (colored) anything. Verve's challenge this month is to do anything but a card!

Things that I did on the project that may not be obvious from the photo are the outlining of the adhesive letters to get them to stand out more and the sponging of ink on the pink paper on the spine and the image panel to create a more worn or aged look. I felt like this look matched the distress look of the patterned paper best.

Stamps: Well Wisher from Unity's Buzzin' Around
Paper: BG Sugared, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, River Rock, Craft White, Bravo Burgundy, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories: BG Sugared stickers, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Sakura Clear Star gel pen, blender pen, stampin' sponges
Techniques: distressing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: