Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thinking outside of the box...

on a couple of levels. By no means am I suggesting that these are original ideas. What I am saying is that this is the first time that it has occurred to me!

I made this card for Sketch Challenge 205 on SCS. I turned this flower image upside down to represent Christmas ornaments. I have been on an embossing kick lately, so I embossed it in silver. I felt like I was cutting the panels a little thin, but it worked out. I was going to tie a ribbon around the whole thing, but then thought of stringing a thin ribbon through the ornaments like they were hanging from it. I used a very small hole punch and then cut my ribbon to a very thin point to thread it through. I left my ribbon on the roll because I wasn't sure how much I would need. It was a good thing because I had to re-cut the end to a thin point several times as it frayed easily.

Here are the details for this card:
Stamps: Lots of Thoughts, Humble Bloom (Unity)
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Silver ep, heat tool, 1/16 circle punch, Offray thin satin navy ribbon, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: