Monday, January 5, 2009

Part of my busy-ness of the holidays!!!

I think it's safe to post now. These are the thank you cards that I had Sweet Pea send out for the nice gifts that she received from family and friends. (Don't tell anyone, but I still need to send out my own!)
I used a few challenges to get these thank you cards done in a hurry. If you have read my blog, you probably know that I just love sketch challenges. Pretty soon, I will make a notebook to keep my favorite sketches in. I digress. I used Taylor's sketch for the kitty card and Julee's sketch for the monkey card.

I used two additional challenges for the Monkey card. Gina K hosted a week's worth of challenges and giveaways. The first was to double mat your focal image. You can find the post about it on her blog or on SCS, here. So I whipped up a double mat using Sweet Pea's coloring. I did this technique once before and learned from it, thus I limited the number of colors that I let her use and stamped my sentiment inside!!! The other challenge that I met on this card was to use something new, for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply #67. My sister's oldest son, drew my name for Christmas and got me some stamping toys straight off my wishlist! (You really can't go wrong when you buy straight off the list!!!) So I used my new CB folder and then inked up the embossed dots. I'm not sure how to just get color on the dots and not the rest of the paper, but the cards are from Sweet Pea. I guess I will have to do a little research.

Here are the specifics for the cards:
Monkey:
Stamps: Zoofari, Sock Monkey (sentiment inside)
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomengranate, Close to Cocoa
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: Theater Ribbons Originals, Michael's rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots, CB embossing folder, crayola crayons
Techniques: embossing, coloring

Cat:
Stamps: Zoofari, Short & Sweet
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Fuschia Sharpie, Crayola Crayons, 3/4" circle punch, button hole punch, ticket corner punch, MM distressing tool, stampin' dimensionals,
Techniques: coloring, distressing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: