Friday, March 20, 2009

More white...

what is with me? I don't know that I have ever been able to identify stamping phases in myself. I hear other people talk or blog about it. Oh well, at least it is a neutral!
So this week a I did a couple of SCS sponsored challenges with my Unity stamps. I made this first card as part of the Featured Stamper Challenge. What a gallery this woman has! I cased this card and changed a few things to make the card mine. It's a pretty straight case though!
You will need to click on the photo to see a closer view of my butterflies. I punch them out with a Martha Stewart butterfly punched, edged them with a darker purple marker and then placed two tiny pearls in the center for their bodies. It was fun!
This card was for the Inspiration Challenge. Fitz and Floyd was the company featured this week. I chose some canapes plate that looked to me like they had a flower embossed on them. I took off from there! I used the Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #6 to flesh out my design. Finally, this week's Timeless Tuesday challenge is to use ribbon...that you don't normally use or in a way that you wouldn't normally use it! I just got this poly-twill ribbon from SU and had to give it a try.

The details -
Enjoy:
Stamps: Dream Tree (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac
Ink: StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: Iris satin ribbon, MS butterfly punch, M's self-adhesive pearls, glue dot, two way glue pen
Techniques: CAS

Hello:
Stamps: Humble Bloom (Unity), Distress Dots (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Versamark
Accessories: dew drops, clear ep, heat tool, celery poly-twill ribbon
Techniques: emboss resist

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Your card is SO beautiful! LOVE the gorgeous embossing and design!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)