Friday, March 20, 2009

Using my Unity...

on SCS sponsored challenges this week! This one is the week before last. It's a Limited Supply Challenge, called On Your Mark, Get Set. Limited supply challenges happen on Fridays. The challenge was to complete a card in 30 minutes and boy, was that tough! I set the timer to be honest with myself. I wanted to do so much more to this card. And the worst thing happened, I accidentally cut through two sheet of the black linen paper! Wah! It was such a waste.
I tried to save time on stamping by using the rub-on, but coloring in my image took lots of time.



I made this for the Featured Stamper Challenge. The stamper this particular week was Judy. I cased this card of hers. For some time now, I wanted to use my Distressed Dots background on some clear medium. I should have used acetate as this recycled plastic packaging was really too thick for the Sissix die. It left a clear impression, but I had to cut out the hearts with some scissors.
This card is for Saturday's Inspiration Challenge. This particular Saturday the company/website on display was Spunky Sprout, see here. I also made this card for Limelight Papercrafts Six Chick Sketch #16. The product focus for this week was ric rac!!! While I didn't win the prize, I did get an honorable mention!


The Clean and Simple (CAS) Challenge is fast becoming my favorite! They are quick, easy and oh so simple! This CAS was a color challenge, green and blue! I recalled this ancient dp that I had with lots of green and blue. Not colors I use a lot, not sure why I even bought it! I found a stamper I admire and checked out her gallery and cased this card. I really need to remember this ribbon treatment because it is so easy, stays on and is quite economical!





Hey, you know what I just noticed. All my cards have white bases this post. I must be going through a phase;)

Here are the specifics -
For You:
Stamps: Tree of Elegance (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Taste of Textiles/Black Linen
Ink: Almost Amethyst
Accessories: Sakura ClearStar gel pen, M's rhinestones, Offray Iris satin ribbon, Chit Chat rub-ons, oval stencil
Techniques: rub-ons

Always:
Stamps: Distressed Dots (Unity), Sentiment O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, PC Fascination
Ink: StazOn Blazing Red (which looks fuschia to me!)
Accessories: Black Organdy ribbon, corner rounder, M's self-adhesive pearls, fuschia Sharpie, stampin' dimensionals, heart die cut, recycle plastic packaging, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

Hello:
Stamps: Humble Bloom (Unity), Tiny Trinity (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Lavendar Lace, Regal Rose, BG Urban Prairie
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Lavendar Lace
Accessories: Offray ric rac, Liquid pearls, stampin' dimensionals

Thanks:
Stamps: Sentiments O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Pool Party dp
Ink: Brocade Blue
Accessories: corner rounder, 1/8" circle punch, mellow moss taffeta ribbon
Techniques: cas

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: