Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A couple of SCS challenges this week

I really do love the look of CAS (clean and simple)!! I usually try to keep embellishments to a minimum, but this card just called for more. I embossed with my Swiss dots folder. I added the hot pink bling to the corners. I glued on the pink ribbon tabs and glittered up the cake with some glitter glue. By the way, the CAS challenge was to "Make It Sparkle". I took to the glitter part of the challenge.
This second card was done for the Featured Stamper challenge. I chose to case this CAS card (I think a theme is developing here???). If I did it over again, I would used darker colors of my Water Color Crayons. The pinks and greens that I used were so faint. It turned out all right. I like the double punched border. Fun stuff, I tell you!
I also are fairly certain that that celery colored ribbon is the last bit leftover from my wedding reception over 7 years ago. I really got my money out of that purchase. I am scared to look through the closet for fear of what else I may find. I guess the good news is that I still like the color as much now as I did then!


Here are the specifics for these cards:

Cake card -
Stamps: Sentiments O' Simple (unity)
Paper: Pink Passion, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Pink Passion
Accessories: Orange and Purple glitter glue, MM fuchsia ribbon, M's self-adhesive pink rhinestones, Swiss dots embossing folder, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: embossing

Watercolor card -
Stamps: Linden Branch (Unity), Mix Up of Cuteness (Unity)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Regal Rose
Accessories: WCC, water mister, Stardust Stickles, Eyelet Border, mini glue dot, JoAnn's celery ribbon

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: