Sunday, August 30, 2009

A few challenges from yesterday!

This card was made with the sketch from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I also incorporated the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge to use pearls on your card. This was easy. I went with my Flourishes image because I love the coffee cups and rarely have enough time to use them! To soften the pink in the saucer, I painted Angel Wings Shimmerz over the pink. I picked this fun dp from the SEI Mimosa collection because of the pearlized quality of some of the dots. It's hard to see in the photo, but you can see where the Cocoa colored ink didn't emboss so well over the pearlized paper.



This next card is for the Hero Arts challenge for this week titled "color it". Jennifer McGuire is challenging all takers to color an image on their card, any way they want! I did some water coloring with my aquapainter and ink that I smooshed into the lid of my stamp pads. The really nice thing about the stamps I used was that the shading was already shown on the image sticker:)
This last card was super easy! I used a card base, rub-ons, ribbon and a corner rounder. No joke! Aren't these rub-ons fabulous??? I got them from Mandy at Limelight Papercrafts and they are the Earth Love rub-ons from Cosmo Cricket. I had to break into them right away and so I made another card for the Autumn CAS design team sketch challenge.

Here are the details:

Cup Card -
Stamps: Coffee with Friends (Flourishes), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Whisper White, SEI Mimosa
Ink: ColorBox Cocoa
Accessories: clear ep, heat tool, MS arch lattice punch, American Crafts Valentine ribbon, M's self adhesive pearls, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dots
Techniques: embossing

Flower Card -
Stamps: Peeking Posies (Hero Arts), Medium Harlequin Background (Hero Arts), Thinking of You Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper: Barely Banana, Basic Gray, Cameo Coral, watercolor paper
Ink: Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, ? Black, Versamark
Accessories: clear ep, heat tool, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, mini glue dot, sponge dauber
Techniques: embossing,sponging

Mushroom Card -
Paper: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Cosmo Cricket Earth Love rub-ons, corner rounder, M's brown satin ribbon

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Hmmmmm, that posie looks familar!!! Love that it has seen ink already! Great cards TONI!