Friday, October 2, 2009

While hubby is away....

at VSN I play. At least that is what I did last weekend. Boy, was tired though! I had a birthday party and monster chores to complete too. So I stayed up late each night.

I managed to do all five challenges for last week's mini. This challenge was called Good Luck Kiss and you had to do two things. The Kissing technique and include a "good luck/best wishes" type of sentiment. I used Beate's Weekend Sketch to flesh out this card.





This next card was for the challenge called "I wanna rock and roll all night...and stamp everyday!". Ha! The challenge was to use the rock and roll technique on your card. I also used a Fall to Layout from the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.

I love the way this card turned out. I am really not a huge fan of orange, but this one was fun. I jazzed my card up a bit by tracing the orange segments with my Sakura Clear star gel pen! Fun, I tell you!





This card was for the VSN challenge called Private Dancer. The challenge here was to use the Chalkboard technique and include a quote or saying on your card as well. I got out my Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped my sentiment around the edges of my chalkboard and for the sake of simplicity, I embossed them in white. I did my flower with White Craft ink and my chalks :), so I didn't cheat! I ran out of sentiment, so rather than start over, I did a doodle/scribble line down the one side of the chalkboard.





I went a little crazy with the brads this VSN! This card was made for the challenge called The Hustle. Come on now, you remember this dance don't you?

The challenge had to do with the counts to the actual dance, so check out the link to see the moves with the counts. They were 4, 4 and 8. So you had to use 4 layers of paper, 4 colors and 8 embellishments. This was harder than it seemed at first. One of the embellishments I used with a Texturz plate, but my photo wasn't so good, so you can't hardly see it! I am in the process of working on better photos!



This last challenge about made me loose my mind! The challenge was called Chaconne - Dancing in Triple Time. Cool, I learned something here, but the challenge was to make a tri-shutter card. Another cool thing, but not for someone with only 45 minutes. I thought I had it licked by using matching dp, stamps and rub-ons. Then, my measurements were off and then my rub-ons didn't want to rub on easily! I was so frustrated that I just didn't want to make any more cards. I got over that soon!





This is the open view of my tri-shutter card :)


Too many details to post here, check out my SCS Gallery for more information on each card.

2 comments:

Rach said...

five beautiful cards. hugs rachxx

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW - you been busy! No missing mojo here! Wonderful cards, Toni!!!