Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!


These cards are all from some NewYear's Eve challenges that I did last night.  My hubby and daughter worked with me so that I could get a little crafting time in.  I am thankful for that, especially since he is heading out this morning for a weekend New Year's backpacking trip with this friends. 

This first card is for the Countdown to the New Year challenge.  The challenge was to use 5 layers, 4 embellishments, 3 colors, 2 stamps and 1 punch.  This card also met the criteria for this week's Ways to Use It challenge, It's About Time.  The challenge was about using some sort of time image.  Finally, I used a sketch from Karen Giron :)




This card was for the Ringing in the New Year challenge, hosted by Faith.  The challenge was to include something that makes noise on your card.  Bells were are obvious choice.  I grabbed some wedding paper and a fun scripted sentiment and away I went.  Now I will have a lovely wedding card on hand for the next time an occasion presents itself.

This was for the third challenge of the night called Bringing in the Year, Clean and Simple.  Yep, you guessed it, a card in the clean and simple fashion.  This one was fun to make and quick.  I was working on my ability to make, photograph and upload quickly even though it wasn't a VSN with time limits!  I have been itching to stamp this little turtle.  I think they will make some cute little thank you's that Sweet Pea can give away!

This card was for an inspiration challenge.  The challenge was called New Year's Day Bowl Games.  The crafter had to pick a bowl game and be inspired by the bowl game name.  I chose the Holiday Bowl and made a Valentine's Day card.  I think it worked out fine!  In order to help me speed up the process, I used Julee's sketch from Mojo Monday



This last card was created for a challenge called Glitz and Glam.  It was a Ways To Use It type of challenge.  The call was to use "bling" of any sort on your card and that was it!  I'm not sure if the photo shows it, but I stamped my image in white craft, then covered with Heat & Stick powder and then ultrafine glitter.  I really enjoy Susan Raihala's blog and creations, so I emulated this card
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you've certainly been busy!!! LOVE all of your creations here, especially that sentiment on the wedding card, oh how I love swirly sentiments ;)
thank you SO much for stopping by my blog & for your sweet comment!!
happy new year!!
hugs!
~rae