Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Return of the Dream Tree


I haven't used this stamp in what seems like such a long time.  This tree is the reason I began buying stamps from Unity Stamp Company (and shortly thereafter I discovered their fabulous service).  The tree is part of a set called Growing in Unity (I think), but was offered for a short time as a single.  That is when I picked it up.  I made this card for a challenge as part of Unity's second anniversary/birthday.  Carole, a long time customer of Unity, issued a challenge to use your very first stamp you purchased on a project.  I was more than happy to get the Dream Tree out and ink it up!

I used this opportunity to play along with Caardvark's challenge to create a monochromatic card.  I think I may have missed the deadline, but I still linked it up and had fun in the process. 

I'm pretty sure you can't see it in the photo, but I spritzed my card stock with Vanilla Smooch and punched out my butterflies.  I am really loving that stuff.  I need to break into another color and see if I love it even more!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Dream Tree (Unity); Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: MS butterfly punch, Vanilla smooch, M's self-adhesive pearls, amethyst satin ribbon, glue dot.

No comments: