Sunday, May 16, 2010

What Once Was Lost....


is now on the way to recovery.  Have you ever lost your Mojo?  I was gazing the gallery on SCS and reading my favorite blogs.  I saw amazing cards, techniques and products I wanted to try.  But...do you think that I could get to my craft room and crank anything out?  Not a chance.  Weird, I know.  And it was awful!

Today a bit of the fog lifted and I was able to play along with Mandy and the design team at Limelight Papercrafts.  Here is a link to the sketch challenge that asked crafters to incorporate a favorite flower.  I like these tissue paper flowers made with my scallop circle punch.  So easy and I sponged some ink on the paper to darken it up  a bit.  Looks like I could have gone a bit heavier.  I'm tea-dying some taffeta right now for another challenge and I think I will leave it in a bit longer than I originally intended.  I could practice being a bit more heavy handed with things.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Tag Lines (Flourishes); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, SEI Madeline, turquoise glitter tissue (Verve); Ink: Basic Gray, Sahara Sand; Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, white organdy ribbon, filigree brad, pretties kit, blue and green Sharpies, mini glue dots, scallop circle punch; Techniques: CAS, tissue flower.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Adorable! I love the tissue flower, and the colours are great.