Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Christmas in June


I hope you are not too tired of seeing CAS cards!  Here is my last  one for the CAS challenge based on the theme "things that fly".  Again, I was trying to be clever when I chose Santa's sleigh and this reindeer.  There are only two layers on this card and it's pretty monochromatic, so I tried to dress it up a bit.  I doodled in my own pen lines and left them imperfect for interest.  I distressed the edges of my focal image to help it stand out even more after I popped it up.  Finally, I traced over the curly lines in the image with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen to give it a little more oomph!  It might be hard to see in the photo, but it may show up a bit better if you click on it and enlarge it :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Sleigh Ride (Unity); Paper: Very Vanilla; Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: WCC, blender pen, Sakura Clear Star gel pen, MM edge distresser, Chit Chat rub-ons, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: