Sunday, June 27, 2010

How About Some Layers


I'm sure that you may be getting tired of CAS, so here is a card I made for the Verve Release Week challenges.  This sketch comes way back from February's Viva La Verve challenges.  I opted for manly as my mother-in-law recently hit me up for some cards and was specifically looking for masculine birthday cards.  I barely had any choices for her.  Whoops, time to get busy!

I think stars are great on masculine cards and I also added some faux stitching on this one.  No ribbon, no flowers, no sparkle, VERY manly!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Birthday Wishes (Verve); Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Parisian Breeze dsp; Ink: Chocolate chip; Accessories: Large star punch, small star punch, self-adhesive metal stars, silver gel pen, stampin' dimensionals, square punch (for notches in banner); Techniques: faux stitching.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I like how this turned out. I like how the paper strip coordinates in shape with the stars. I like stars for guys or boys, too.