Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A present for you


Here is another CAS card I made for yesterday's challenge based on Diane's card.  This was my first attempt and I wanted to do a pretty straight case of her card.  My focal image ended up lower than I wanted it to, but I still like it.  The dp and the gifts matching was a happy accident.  After I noticed the similarities, I purposefully colored them to match.  Then I noticed the string on the package and added the embroidery floss to match.  Then I colored my string in the image all matchy-matchy.  I recently read somewhere (I forget where) about using a tiny little punch on the edge of the card to create a notch for the floss.  Boy, did that work like magic!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Details - Stamps: Happy Moments; Paper: Very Vanilla, Taken With Teal, OA Ducks in a Row; Ink: Basic Gray, Melon Mambo; Accessories: WCC, blender pen, corner rounder, MM embroidery floss, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: