Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another Cake Inspired Card

This was my first idea when I read this week's CAS challenge.  I saw the Journey cake and thought immediately of the stamp on the focal image.  I wasn't quite sure what color to use as I thought the icing had a bit more of a pink tint to it.  I whipped out my trusty Groovy Guava.  Love this color, even though I rarely use orange.  I had a lot of fun with this card.  It reminded me quite a bit of Dawn McVey because of her stamp set called Damask Designs, but that's a good thing right???

Posting is a nice break from my mundane chores after the long holiday weekend!  I'm preparing for my 17yo nephew to come and stay for the rest of the week and then an out of town trip to watch my hard core sister run a triathlon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Friends 24/7, Charming, Thank You Kindly; Paper: Kraft, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla; Ink: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Kaisercraft chocolate pearls, corner rounder.

1 comment:

Superglew! said...

Oooh! I wanted to use this cake for my inspiration, but I don't have the stamp you've got. Perfect! Thanks for posting.