Saturday, July 17, 2010

For Travis For Steph

Okay, remember earlier in the week when I said that I had brayered over a whole embossed image.  Well, this was the embossed image that I had brayered over.  At the time, it just didn't look "clean" enough for me to post as a sample for this week's challenge

I love the retro Mickey Mouse images that it brought to mind.  My sister is a huge Mickey Mouse fan, so I saved my "boo-boo" to play with later.  Mickey sat on my desk for a few days until I could figure out how to incorporate the primary type colors of red and yellow of Mickey's shorts and shoes into the card.  My sister would love to receive this card on her birthday and I'm sure my nephew will have so much on his mind that it will be easy to reach into his stash and address the card to his mother for her birthday!  I think I have mentioned in earlier posts that my nephew is leaving for Germany in a couple weeks.  I have to make six more cards for him, so I had better get busy!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Paper: Whisper White; Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: brayer, Chat Room rub-ons, Mickey ef, red and yellow embroidery thread; Techniques: CAS, dry embossing.

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

i love how this turned out:)