Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Fun and Festive Day

We started today out like any other Saturday with morning coffee and cartoons.  It quickly turned into a crazy, busy day!

The first stop we made was at the bank with a super long line.  The woman in front of me turned around and apologized for the three transactions that she had to make.  Next, we hit Starbuck's for a little Christmas shopping and liquid refreshment.  Then we headed to Michael's (coupon in hand) to get the birthday party gift and the kraft bag to which I attached this lovely tag I made for a recent Technique Tuesday challenge.  Again, terrible lines and a woman in front of us who was returning 12 Christmas picks.  The checker had to scan each pick and then she goofed up and had to have management assistance.  The woman returning all the picks said, "Oh, I'm so sorry.  I am THE person I hate to be in line behind".  I was gracious, but running out of time.  My four year was complaining of being hungry. We finally checked out and were on our way.

I elected not to go to the McDonald's nearby as it was further away from the party.  Instead I drove to the mall, parked, wrapped the package and took my daughter into the mall to find they had closed the McDonald's in the mall.  I offered to buy her pizza at Chuck E. Cheese instead and she agreed.  So off we went to the party at Chuck E. Cheese. 

I have never been to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese and I will never go again.  There was this horrible schizophrenic energy in the room.  There must have been at least 3 parties going on and children running everywhere.  All the games had lights flashing and buzzers buzzing.  It was crazy.  I was afraid my daughter wouldn't eat her $8.00 pizza (as I have heard that their food is terrible), but she did.  I had a little bit and it wasn't too bad.  All in all, we spent two hours in that zoo.  Then I ran out to the parking lot to move clothing, stamps and a dozen farm fresh eggs into my girlfriend's car while she watched the children.  Of course, the forecasted downpour had begun and I discovered that my shoes are toast as one of my feet got soaked!

I was going to run more errands, but I bagged it and took my daughter home for a nap.  My hubby had stoked up the wood stove and the house was nice and cozy.  She went to sleep quickly and I caught up with some chores and even had time to clean up my craft room a bit.

Bedtime is in a few minutes so that I can prepare for tomorrow's Christmas party for the grandkids at my MIL's house.  I'm not very excited about a house full of children in a very small house with a grandma who has no limits!  I think I will only last for a couple of hours.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: A Little Round (Technique Tuesday); Paper: Kraft; Ink: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: sponge dauber, 1 1/4" square punch, stampin' dimensionals, MM eyelet, deep red embroidery floss, Star Dust Stickles, Chit Chat rub-ons.

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

Why do kids enjoy Chuck E Cheese's so much? I totally agree with your description of it. We don't have one anywhere near us but my mother does and my son wants to go there for his birthday. Your project is lovely, by the way!

Vikki Jo said...

Love the tages! What is it leaning on? Looks like ice! :)
Great description of CEC. I HATE that place, my nephew wants every b'day there. Although one of his friends talked him into bowling last year. Costs less, and it was more sane! LOL

Leslie Miller said...

'Tis the season for craziness, but, hey, I really like your cute tag! It's the perfect size for the gift and looks very festive.