Thursday, December 30, 2010

Viva La Verve in December

I had a chance to play today and created the last three cards for December's Viva La Verve sketch challenge.  This is the 4th sketch by Teresa Kline.  One twist with Viva La Verve is that it's an inspiration and sketch challenge combination.  This month the topic of inspiration is Ornaments and Decor.  I find a fun Christmas decor site and used this Nativity Stable for my inspiration. 

I think this Plain Jane from Verve is totally cute!  I went with a yellow and blue color scheme to mimic the stable colors, the stars in the image to match the star hanging in the stable and the embossing folder to match the backdrop of the stable. 

I modified the sketch a bit.  I didn't add in the butterflies, as it just didn't work for me.  I also didn't use different papers, but used different colors to represent layers.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Little Star (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy; Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight; Accessories: Moroccan Screen ef, Nestabilities, clear ep, heat tool, white wrinkled ribbon, mini glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber.

No comments: