Saturday, January 22, 2011

Home is Where the Heart Is

I designed this little number for one of the VSN mini challenges last night. This one is for Donna's Paper Piece Your Heart Out challenge. Donna tasked crafter's to paper piece at least two images on their card. I paper pieced the two little chicks. I might be hard to see, but one has an argyle pattern and the other has a polka dot pattern.

I kept a couple things in mind as I made my card. I wanted to keep it quick for the VSN time limit, so I went CAS.  I tried to keep my image in the top third of the card.  I tried to add a bit of interest by embossing the card base with my PTI Linen/Canvas impression plate.  I made sure to use a different color in my sentiment for emphasis.  Finally, I chose my colors with my color wheel.  I almost never do that, but it worked in this case.

I'm headed up to my craft room to work on another project and will be back on SCS to see all the lovely creations made for VSN.  My little craft room is significantly cleaner today as my hubby had to get in there to sort out some potential electrical problems we were having upstairs.  After having moved things around I have a better idea of inventory and will happily create tonight!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Love You Much, Windows To The World (Flourishes); Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Prints So Saffron dsp; Ink: Soft Suede, Riding Hood Red, Peach Parfait, Sahara Sand; Accessories: Nestabilities, PTI Linen/Canvas impression plate, paper snips, blender pen, glaze pen, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: