Thursday, February 10, 2011

How About Some Warm Weather?

Doesn't this look like fun?  I immediately think Hawaii or maybe South Pacific.  Honestly, I don't know if there is such a thing as yellow hibiscus, but I went with it.  This card is for the Flourishes Winter Thaw challenge, which is an inspiration challenge.  The photo inspiration is some gorgeous purple and yellow crocuses peeking out of some iced over snow.  So spring!

So I went with yellow (flowers) and purple (sky) on my card!  I colored my image with water color pencils, moved the color around with a blender pen and then clear embossed the whole works.  I kept the card sort of simple to leave the focus on the image. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Window to the World (Flourishes); Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso; Ink: Basic Brown, Early Espresso, Versamark; Accessories: clear ep, heat tool, watercolor pencils, blender pen, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: