Sunday, March 20, 2011

Friends

Ah, rejection, my friend!  It's not so bad when I consider the company I am likely to keep with rejection.  I am going to befriend rejection because I am sure there is something for me to learn here.

So....this is a little number I created for a recent Papercraft's Magazine submission.  You see, I would like to have my work published one day.  It's a dream.  In order to me to ever get there, I must submit.  So I have been submitting for a few months now.  I believe it will likely be a long road!

Eyelets seem like they are a bit dated, but I love the look they give here.  They are almost like little portholes!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.

Details: Stamps: Text Objects (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue; Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede; Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, Nestabilities, MM black eyelets, MAMBI twine, D'Vine Swirls ef, stampin' dimensionals.

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Toni! The nautical look is fabulous. Keep trying! I know you'll get published!!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Toni! Love the embossed background, sweet sailboat and quote!

Pat Jandacek said...

Well, I LIKE it... that's got to account for something! :) Recognize, too, that 'rejection' probably isn't the proper term. It's more likely 'darn! we can't select them all! Choices are hard.'
I 'horned in' here from your comment on Becca's blog and will look at more of your beautiful work.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

i think your card is fabulous..and i think those darn old magazines are full of pooh! heehee

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love how those eyelets looks like little portholes! Too cute!