Friday, April 8, 2011

A Dash of Color

I really thought that I would post quite a bit more during my spring break, but I have found myself to be quite busy.  It's really been nuts.  We have had swimming lessons and dentist appointments, birthday parties and clam digging.  Whew!  I'm ready to go back to school.

I made this card this morning for a couple of challenges.  Today is the nicest it has been all week.  It was frosty and foggy earlier, but it has all burned off now.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing and I am about to go hang some laundry on the clothesline. 

Before I head out with my clothespins, I share this little number with you.  I made it for Verve's Color Me Spring Diva Dare and an S2S challenge to use color on your card.  Recently, we have had exhausting bouts of rain which resulted in some very minor local flooding and some amazing rainbows.  One night at dinner we saw a fabulous double rainbow (it was really bright) that arched over the neighbors farmhouse!  A bit of joy in the dreary gray...a desperately needed reprieve!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Egg-stra Special (Verve), Blue Skies (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise; Ink: Versamark, Basic Black; Accessories: Nestabilities, white ep, heat tool, papersnips, M's self-adhesive rhinestones, glue dots stampin' dimensionals, corner chomper.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

This is so cute! Love all the colors.

Amy Sheffer said...

Eeek, this is DARLING! Love the teeny butterflies and the whole rainbow effect!

Kristin said...

Love the rainbow colors! My daughter would go nuts. Thanks for your sweet comments on my project for PC's 350 Cards and Gifts blog hop!

Jennipher said...

Beautiful like a rainbow!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous array of colors! Love the darling row of butterflies in that beautiful rainbow pattern, it' so eye catching!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So adorable! I just love the rainbow of butterflies and flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love the card. I'm a fan of rainbow colors & butterflies, your use of them is very creative. I love the simplicity, especially since I have a hard time with that (but, working on it)!