Monday, April 18, 2011

Time Flies

Seriously, I guess it has been a week since I posted.  Yikes!  Well...I guess taxes and life and a closed daycare caught up to me.  I'm sure everyone has had weeks like this, so I'll get on with it!

I played along with Limelight Papercraft's sketch challenge.  This week the focus is on scallops and I just kept straight with the sketch.  You might want to play along as Mandy has extended the deadline until this Thursday and is giving away a stamp set.  I think part of the reason that the challenge was extended is that Mandy had a baby boy on Friday.  Congratulations Mandy!

And because we live in a world of balance I suppose, I have made this card for a Stamp 2 Spend friend, Soni, who has recently lost her husband.  What a terrible tragedy to lose your spouse.  I pray for her in her time of sorrow.  So, this card will go in the mail to Soni and hope that it brings her a brief moment of respite from her grief.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Kind Words (Verve); Paper: Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Bella Rose dsp; Ink: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette; Accessories: Sakura clear star gel pen, M's rhinestones, Bigz XL Tasteful Trim, Pink gingham ribbon, glue dot.

4 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

This is beautiful!! I love the colors & all the layers. I am sure your friend will appreciate it. TFS

Jennipher said...

It's an absolute beauty!

Cheri said...

I need to come her more often. So much inspiration! Love your blog and your cards are gorgeous.

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful card, toni! congrats on your limelight feature:)