Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Sunday

It's a gorgeous warm day outside and I found a little time to craft between chores this morning.  I decided to take on this week's Viva La Verve sketch which is hostessed by Diva Laurie.  It was so nice to work with and for reasons unknown to me, I pulled out Autumn papers.  Every piece I used is from the Autumn pack???  I knew that I wanted to start with the graph paper look or notebook paper look and it just grew from there.  I felt so lucky to have this length of soft suede ribbon in my stash and I forked the ends and laid it flat so that the polka dots on the other side wouldn't show.  I just wasn't feeling the polkas today.  Another little kick I have been on is snipping those floral circles, sponging the edges and then using my Sakura pen to round them up, like an over sized stylus.  It gives the flowers a nice cupped shape. 

Well, I have a few more chores that are calling my name and I want to take advantage of the fun time my daughter is having at her grandmothers before we get into the evening!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!

Details - Stamps: Bloom & Grow (Verve), Kind Words (Verve); Paper: Autumn dp (Recollections); Ink: Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede, Early Espresso; Accessories: Nestabilties, Floral circles die (Verve), Elegant Leaves die (Verve), Pretties kits, yellow sharpie, brown sharpie, paper snips, sponge dauber.

2 comments:

Kristin K. said...

Love this card. Great take on the sketch!

lisa a said...

this is so very sweet!