Monday, August 8, 2011

Ending With A Dirty Butterfly

Today ends the Dare To Get Dirty challenges, they must be made, uploaded and linked by 11:59 PM CST.  I was able to do it and this was one of my last cards.  I ended up with 18 projects for 37 challenges. This little number covers 4 Dirty challenges and a Viva La Verve sketch.  What do you think of that??  My background is the Leafy Branches embossing folder, flipped over so it's debossed.  Then I took my baby brayer and sloppily covered my debossed card stock with some Certainly Celery ink.  Then I inked up my Canvas Background and laid my card stock on top of it.  I gently ran my fingers over the card stock without the embossing.  Thus my background came to be.  I pleated some mulberry paper for a delicate looking border.  I pinked the kraft edges of the Crumb Cake border and tied the whole thing with one little strand of linen thread.  My die cut butterfly was run through the crimper and then edged with white craft ink.  Then I wrapped wire around and twisted it to resemble the body and antennae for the butterfly. 
I'm looking at Tuesday now and it promised to be a busy day.  I hope I find time to peruse the DTGD galleries and leave some love.  It should be fun!  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve), Canvas; Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, white mulberry paper; Ink: Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake, Versafine White; Accessories: Leafy Branch ef, Nestabilties, sponge dauber, brayer, linen thread, glue dot, stampin' dimensionals, crimper, MM wire, Piercabilities Pinking Border, Flutterby die (Verve).

No comments: