Monday, September 19, 2011

Going to Court

I think this might have to be my theme card for next week.  Last weekend, I received a subpoena to testify in court.  I'm supposed to appear next week.  I have spoken to one witness advocate (I think?) who said I should probably know more by Friday about when I would have to appear.  She's fairly certain that jury selection will eat up the first day.  She was also fairly certain that the prosecutor would want to prepare me.  Hmmm, I guess the prosecutor would have to contact me first, right?  I'm a little nervous.  This information is from 8 years ago and I barely remember the client.  My girlfriend, who is a police officer, was excited for me.  When I wasn't excited back, she told me it might even come to a plea agreement and then I wouldn't have to testify.  I felt a little better then.  In any case, I think I will stash this card in my purse.  I know it is only paper, but the idea is powerful!
The crafty connection here is the Verve Get Your Diva On challenge, Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge and the My Favorite Things sketch!

Details:  Stamps: Sunny Days (Verve), Words of Wisdom (Verve), Making A Statement (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Concord Crush, In Color Patterns Pack, Wisteria Wonder; Ink: Concord Crush, Versmark; Accessories: Loopy Blooms die (Verve), Leafy Sprigs die (Verve), corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals, M's rhinestones.  

2 comments:

Melanie said...

So are you going this week? I'll pray it goes well for you!

Melanie said...

PS I rally like that quote, very nice card! :)