Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Little Thanksgiving

I wanted to fit a little Thanksgiving in here before I take off straight into Christmas.  I made this candle sleeve for the November Scor-pal Designer challenge based on a theme of "give thanks".  I took a piece of mustard card stock and score every 1/4" and then used my scor-tape to adhere this pretty snug to the candle.  It does slide up and down for safe burning.  I then added patterned paper, ribbon, raffia and a sentiment with leaf accents.  I sponged the edges of the scored base for extra definition.  While I was at it I sponged the leaves, the sentiment and the patterned paper. 
This would have made a lovely centerpiece for my Thanksgiving table, if only I could get myself organized.  I really don't have much of an excuse as I cooked dinner for 8 and 3 others brought dishes.  I can offer one little excuse...my grandparent arrived 2 hours early.  I love my grandparent and they always arrive early.  So I just let them know the time we would be eating and assumed that they would be about an hour early.  As it turns out, my grandmother failed to adjust her watch for daylight savings time.  I only discovered this as she was complaining to my Mom about how late dinner was and she quoted the wrong time to my Mom.  (It probably didn't help that I am known throughout the family for my lateness!)

Thanks for stopping by!  Hopefully, I will get some Christmas up on the blog tomorrow.

Details  - Stamps: Holiday Best; Paper: More Mustard, Spice Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, River Rock; Ink: Soft Suede, River Rock, More Mustard; Accessories: Scor-pal, scor-tape, Nestabilities, Pool Party ribbon, raffia, leaf punch, sponge dauber, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: