Monday, December 26, 2011

A Blue Monday

But, it's not blue like you would expect it to be.  I'm not sad or anything...it's just time for another challenge with the Friends of Speedy TV.  Today's challenge is to make a winter card or a mostly blue card.  I have had my fill of the holidays (and they were quite enjoyable!) and wanted to do something a little different.  I decided for a mostly blue card and came up with this.  I decided to try to make a mirror that looked a cracked to go with the sentiment rest of the sentiment which reads, "But, you are still in one piece!  Happy Birthday!".  I have a couple of girlfriends who appreciate funny birthday cards every once in a while. 

My card was pretty simple once I decided on how to make my mirror.  I embossed and sponged the background a bit and then devised the "wallpaper and the doily".  The lovely lace came from my Friends of Speedy TV team mate Melisa Waldorf.  Thanks Melisa!!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous Monday!


Details - Stamps: Background Fun (Mark's Finest Papers); Paper: Soft Sky, Soft Suede, Brushed Gold, Afternoon Tea dsp; Ink: Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Going Gray, Versamark; Accessories: Nestabilities, large oval punch, scor-tape, lace, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals, gold ep, heat tool, sponge dauber.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hilarious!!

Benzi said...

Your 'Blue Monday' card is so funny. Very clever thinking going on with this card. Great job and I love it.