Monday, February 27, 2012

Embossing With Friends

Today, the Friends of Speedy TV are embossing for the Monday challenge.  My card is very simple, but you know that is just exactly how I like them.  I just had to make sure that I stamped my sentiment before I clear embossed my basket weave over the top.  I mount that on a piece of chocolate colored card stock and then wrapped my burlap string around it.  My little trick for the burlap string is some scor-tape.  I seriously love that stuff!  Next, I punched out a little red heart and adhered it over my string! Finally, I brushed the edges of my card base with a little Versamark cube and called it good!  

I played along with Kelly's challenge from the Stamp 2 Spend thread and used chocolate tones and red.  I got one bonus item on there with my heart.  Yay, me!

I hope your Monday turns out to be a fabulous one!  Since my washer quit working properly, I decided to take a personal day and get that handled!  I have to drive my little one to school and then it will be off to the laundromat for me!

Details - Stamps: Background Fun (Mark's Finest Papers); Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, SU print pack dsp; Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Versamark; Accessories: Heat tool, clear ep, scor-tape, May Arts burlap string, small heart punch, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber. 

2 comments:

DJ Rants said...

So pretty!! I love your twine embellishment!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Very pretty - love that EF!!