Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What? Snow?

Imagine my shock when my telephone rang at 5:11 a.m. this morning and it was our school counselor telling me that school is two hours late today.  I work at the school, so a call from the school counselor isn't shocking as she is ahead of my on the phone tree.  The shocking part is that there is barely, and I mean barely, any snow at my house.  In fact, there is just ice on top of my barbecue cover, deck and porch rails and the tops of the vehicles.  There is nothing on the ground.  I'll have to see when I make it to work what the weather did about 10 miles away from here.

Now, you might also be thinking...what is she complaining about.  She can be 2 hours late to work with no consequences.  When school is late, it is only late for the students.  Staff have to be there as close to on time as humanly possible (and weather permitting).  The even bigger drag is that there is no morning kindergarten today and I have one kindergarten who will be seriously bummed about this.  Her teacher had a training yesterday and they had a sub.  My daughter likes the sub (a regular sub), but misses her teacher after a normal weekend.  Four days without her teacher is like torture!  I haven't encountered this yet at school, so I don't have a tried and true plan about what to do for childcare???  Normally, she goes to school half the day and then goes to an Early Learning program on site for the other half of the day.  I guess I will wing it today and see how it goes. 

But you aren't here for my woes.  Maybe you came to see my crocus?  There is one, just one, like this in my front flower bed.  I noticed it peeking out at me on Saturday when I went down the driveway to get the mail.  I feel sorry for the little guy.  He's probably cold right now with all this snow.  Oh wait, there's no snow here. Tell me, why are we late for school again?

Happy Tuesday!

Details - Stamps: Winter Crocus (Mark's Finest Papers); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, OA Ducks in a Row dp, SEI Mimosa dp; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, More Mustard; Accessories: Copic markers, Pebbles rub-ons, black and white gingham, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber.

No comments: