Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Stitch

A stitch and a few challenges is what I am up to for today.  Steph is hostessing the Ways to Use It challenge and it is all about stitching.  I opted for faux stitching as I have "issues" with my sewing machine.  Namely, it is as old as me and I am a bit afraid to use it.  The rub-on stitches worked quite for well for me.  Another challenge I added into my card was Kelly's Stamp 2 Spend challenge with a quilt theme.  Finally, I worked in a Timeless Tuesday challenge to focus on a sentiment.  Really, the sentiment is what drove the creation of today's card.  With "heart" in my sentiment, all the other pieces just fell together.  My clean and simple loving heart led the way and kept a lot of white space for the rest of the heart.  A couple of chomped corners and I was done.

It's another warm and sunny day here.  My hubby has a short work day and then I think it will be time to do more work in our garden.  It's really starting to produce.  I have broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage to pick today. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Details - Stamps: Window to the World (Flourishes); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Bordering Blue, BG Lilykate; Ink: Bordering Blue; Accessories: Heart framelit dies, Square Lattice ef, corner shomper, stampin' dimensionals.

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY!~

Greta said...

I love this card! Your design truly makes the sentiment the focus.

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love your cute heart!

Chan said...

What a beautiful card! I love the embossing! :o)

Denise Marzec said...

Love the calming colors and the texture around that heart.