Thursday, July 5, 2012

Using Tissue Today

Hello and Happy Thursday!  Those are the four words that I try to start each SCS Ways To Use It challenge when I am hostessing.  Today, July 5th, I am that hostess.  The product I chose is tissue paper.  I want to see all the ways that folks can use tissue paper.  I wanted to try and make some faux washi tape and I love how it turned out.  The technique is pretty simple and I think most people can do it.  I spread out some plain white tissue paper and laid strips of scor-tape over it.  Next, I flipped my tissue over, colored over the tape (sloppily) with my Copic and Touch Twin markers and then stamped my design or pattern over the top.  Then I trimmed the strips out, took off paper backing and applied to my card stock.  Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.  Check out this tutorial if you need pictures.  This card just kind of came together and lucky me, it's perfect for my mother's birthday which is today.  I won't share how old she is because she raised me better than that! 

Won't you play along with me over on Splitcoast?  I would love to see what you come up with.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Details - Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Text Objects (Verve), Dandelion Dreams (Skipping Stones Designs); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Early Espresso, tissue paper; Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Scor-tape, Copic markers, Touch Twin markers, May Arts burlap twine, paper snips, glue dot, stampin' dimensionals.

2 comments:

Steph Herbert said...

Super cute! I love what you have done with the tissue paper! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful card, Toni! I love what you did with the tissue paper.