Monday, August 27, 2012

Friends and Labor Day

It's Monday!!  We have a Friends of Speedy TV challenge for you.  It's number 35 and today's theme is Labor Day.  I don't really celebrate it because I am always too busy celebrating my own birthday.  The long weekend is usually my birthday weekend and after forty plus years, I associate this holiday with myself and the beginning of school.  Only once in my education can I remember starting school on my birthday.  However, I have started school twice on my birthday since I began working for a school district.  This year my birthday falls on the holiday so I won't have to resume work on my special day.
 
Today's card is a birthday card in honor of how I think about the Labor Day holiday!  Why don't you play along with the challenge and maybe win a prize next Monday.  The set that is up for grabs is the fun set called Fabulous Dogs!!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Lighthouses (MFP); Paper: Chipboard (MFP), Deepest Mahogany (MFP); Ink: Rich Cocoa, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso; Accessories: Nestabilities, Distressed Stripes ef, sponge dauber, scor-tape, linen thread, stampin' dimensionals, Copic & Touch Twin Markers.
 

4 comments:

Benzi said...

Love your idea of Labor Day....super card. Happy upcoming birthday!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Toni,
What a pretty and very serene scene! Wouldn't it be wonderful to be sitting watching the waves!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is really beautiful. Soft and masculine! Great card! P.S. my son's b-day is the 31st, so he will forever have his birthday on Labor Day weekend too :-)

stampingbowd said...

What a lovely card! I love the twine!!! In case I forget next week...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Glad you don't have to work on your special day!!!