Monday, December 10, 2012

Friends and Christmas, Take Two

Welcome back!  It's been a whole week and a crazy one too.  I don't know why I think I can accomplish things at this time of year!  If you read my promise to show an envelope for a greater than A2 sized card, don't worry, I haven't forgotten.  I just haven't had time.  What I did have time for was this fun Christmas card.  This week, the Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create another Christmas card or a Christmas project. 
 
For today's one layer card, I stamped my pine cone image two times and then colored in my cones and branches.  I tried to use a light touch and not bleed through the card stock.  Then I stamped my sentiment in the center with a darker ink.  I over stamped my pine cones with Versamark and embossed with a sparkling embossing powder.  I created a mask and then stamped over the whole card base with the crackle background.  I round the top and bottom right hand corners and then sponged over the crackle background and up to my pine cones images. 
 
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers up a free stamp set for one lucky participant.  The offering this week is Christmas Selections
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: New Pines (MFP), Poinsettia Blooms (MFP), Cracked Hello (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White; Ink: Rich Cocoa, Early Espresso, Versamark, River Rock, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Copic Markers, corner chomper, Iridescent Ice ep, heat tool, sponge dauber.

4 comments:

Janine said...

Beautiful colouring of the image and love the use of the background.

Davi said...

Wow I love your card..the crackle bg looks beautiful with the sparkly pinecones ;)

stampingbowd said...

So pretty!!! Awesome use of the cracked stamp!!!! Very inspiring!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

That's such a pretty card! And, I have to laugh reading your comment about eating veggies. LOL, can't believe you remember that part. :)