Monday, April 15, 2013

Friends and Vellum

Welcome back!  It will be another busy day (and week ) on my blog.  This post helps to kick off the newest Friends of Speedy TV challenge (number 68) to create a project with vellum!  I love vellum, but don't always think to use it. 

I received a custom order from a co-worker to create a gift for one of her friends.  She asked me to include some Gordon Lightfoot lyrics (modified Rainy Day People) along with a picture and some ducks.  The whole project is a book card and I followed some directions given by Astrid Maclean.  What you can see above is the left hand page of the open book.  I printed the lyrics as my co-worker had them modified on vellum.  They were taking forever to dry, so I used some clear embossing powder and heat embossed them.  On the white background, I stamped my raindrops from the set called Rain Clouds.  I layered two layers of vellum so that the lyrics could be read easily.  Next I die cut my waves and layered them on.  Then I stamped colored and cut out my duck from Oh Baby and popped it up on top of the waves.  To deal with the issue of seeing adhesive through vellum, I cut out a frame and mounted it over top of the adhesive.

Just in case you are wondering what the rest of the book look like, here is the cover.  I used the same two stamps sets for it.
Here is the right hand side of the book, where I framed a photo of my co-worker and her friend.

I don't want you to forget that this week's Mark's Finest Papers challenge is all about vellum, since I have shown you the other two sections of my project.  There will be a prize too!  One luck winner will receive a Mark's Finest Papers stamp set.  This week's set stamp is Zebra Fun. I hope you play along with us this week.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Details - Stamps: Rain Clouds (MFP); Oh Baby (MFP); Paper: Vellum, Whisper White, Vintage Springtime dsp, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy, GKD White; Ink: Sahara Sand, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Labels die, sanding block, eyelet lace border punch, white baker's twine, crystal effects, clear embossing powder, heat tool, Nautical Frame and Accents die, Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, stampin' dimensionals, Copic Markers.

5 comments:

Janine said...

Gorgeous project Toni and great explanation of how it came together. I hope it is well received.

Katie said...

what a great idea...love it

Marisa said...

Darling duckie :) Love the multi-looped bows and that picture frame is great!

Bonnie Lynn said...

These are gorgeous Toni. Love your extra card too on the MFP blog. It's too cute.

Davi said...

Fab book Toni!! I love the cover and the fun page with the rubber duckie ;)