Saturday, May 4, 2013

Using the Derby

It's Saturday, May 4, 2013 and today is the Kentucky Derby.  I used today's horse racing event as my inspiration for the Thursday Ways To Use It challenge.  I honestly don't know much about the Kentucky Derby, other than what I read briefly to prepare for the challenge.  I do know that one of my cousins is at Churchill Downs today with her husband and a gorgeous hat!  I'm a bit out of touch with her since her hubby swept her off her feet many moons ago and has kept her on the East Coast.  I think his family is big into horse racing. 
 
Back to my card!  For my challenge this week, I asked crafters to create a card with a horse on it.  I grabbed this beauty from a Mark's Finest Papers set called Wild Horses.  I sponged some misty mountains behind my horse and let her run!  I added some interest with some patterned paper and finished it off with a couple of brads, a sentiment and rounded corners. 
 
I wish you a lovely Saturday afternoon.  We have a warm and sunny day and I plan to enjoy it a bit!

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Wild Horses (MFP), Beach Life (MFP); Paper: Amuse Black, Black Licorice, Sweet Tooth White, GKD White, BG Marrakech dp; Accessories: Copic & Touch Twin Markers, black brads, sponge dauber, post its, corner rounder, paper snips.

No comments: