Monday, June 17, 2013

Friends and Birthdays

Good Monday morning!  I'm here with another Friends of Speedy TV challenge (#77) and today we are all about birthdays!  I opted for a simple and straightforward birthday card.  I have been practicing my skies lately and I really like the look of sponged clouds like this.  I didn't want to cover up too much of the clouds so I reached for Scenic Selections and stamped a few birds.  I whipped up a birthday banner, popped it up off my card base and called it done!  Now don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers is one generous company and they offer up a stamp set prize to one lucky participant of each challenge. 
For this particular card, I used a Lisa Arana sketch, called Wanna Sketch.  I adore her sketches and her style!
 
Just a quick post today folks.  You may remember from last week that I had a countdown going on until my final day of work.  As it turns out, my first day of summer vacation is my first day of jury duty.  I'm so bummed.  Don't get me wrong, I have no qualms about doing my civic duty.  The timing just stinks!
 
Have a great Monday!
 
Details - Stamps: Scenic Selections (MFP), Lighthouses (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White; Ink: Soft Sky, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Flat Bottom Cloud die (MFT), sponge dauber, paper snips, stampin' dimensionals.

7 comments:

Ginny Maxam said...

I love you Beautiful CAS card!! I am going to have to check out your link for the sketch! Thanks for sharing!
Ginny M

Lisa Arana said...

Yes! This is perfect, exactly what I envisioned when I made this sketch. Beautiful background my dear!!! Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch.

Marisa said...

Fabulous scene you have created here!

Janine said...

Bad timing for that Jury Service - I hope you get to enjoy your summer hols soon! Until then you will have to dream of gently floating clouds! Great card - your clouds are lovely.

DJ Rants said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! What beautiful clouds, love your sponging!!

Michelle said...

Such a pretty card! So soft and elegant!

Chris Dring said...

Gasp! This card is so stunning! I'd love to learn how you made your cloud background. Any tutorial on that?