Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Friends and Summer (late, late, late)

Well, I meant to get this up Monday when the Friends of Speedy TV challenge went live, but I didn't.  Something about this summer is different from summers gone by in that it has taken me an enormous amount of time to get into my summer groove and I'm not even sure that I am there yet.  Anyhoo, enough of my sob story (unless you have some tips for getting organized, feel free to leave those in my comments!), back to the challenge.  The theme this week is summer fun!  I chose these shells because my daughter just came back from her grandparents house and they spent some time in Birch Bay.  The beaches in Washington are rocky, making shell finds a bit more of a chore.  Not her, it's hard to stop a 7 year old on a mission to bring home shells!
 
I used a Reverse Confetti Sketch For You To Try for my card.  I think it turned out nicely.  Now don't forget that Mark's Finest Papers gives away a stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week they are giving away Tree Selections.  This is a wonderful set for adding to any scene!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Silly Shells (MFP), Firefighter (MFP); Paper: Favorite Natural, Chocolate Chip, GKD White, Mulberry Paper; Ink: Rich Cocoa, Blush Blossom; Accessories: Nestabilties, Kaiserkraft pearls, square punch, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals.
 

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the neutral colours with the colour in the shells :) Lovely card.

Janine said...

Very pretty shells. In terms of getting organised - isn't this a little break from being organised?